There are over 100,000 chiropractors practicing around the world, including your local Vineland Chiropractor! Chiropractic care is a great alternative to pain meds and surgery, which explains its success. In our Vineland practice alone, we have helped so many people get out of pain and feeling better.
Many studies have also backed this information up.
Let’s take a look at a few facts and stats.
- Chiropractic comes from two Greek words: cheir (hand) and praktis (to do). Together, it means ‘done by hand.’
- Chiropractors are the third most common field of doctor, the first and second being medical and dentist.
- 27 million adjustments are performed yearly. When you do the math, this means one million adjustments per day, 125,000 adjustments per hour, and 2100 adjustments per minute.
- Many sports pros use chiropractic care. Each NFL team has their own personal chiropractor to treat the teammates.
Some stats include:
- 56 percent of patients who regularly received regular medical treatment saw a 30 percent decrease in pain over a four week treatment period. 94 percent of chiropractic patients saw the same exact 30 percent pain reduction over the same period of time.
- If patients saw a chiropractor instead of a doctor, medicare would save about 84 million dollars per year.
- The risks associated with chiropractic care are very low, where as pain killers are very dangerous with the opioid epidemic we are currently going through
Here at Back Pain Relief Center in Vineland, we strive to help our patients get out of pain as soon as we can. Chiropractic care has been proven to work, according to these studies, which is why it is so popular.
How does chiropractic work is the theme of this blog. The majority of pain issues we see here at our Vineland office of Back Pain Relief Center are due to compression of the joints. So what happens is, your joints compress (through wear and tear, an injury, gravity, poor posture and a multitude of other things), the compression causes dysfunction, which in turn generates inflammation and then pain. If untreated or not rectified, then the compression can get worse due to scar tissue forming which generates more inflammation and more pain. The good news is chiropractic care helps to get you back to normal.
I was recently sent a message by someone in Toronto of all places about the upper and mid back pain she’d been suffering from. She asked about injections in that area as what she’d been trying up in Canada hadn’t been working for her.
Firstly, what causes mid back pain in the first place? In the majority of cases I see, mid back pain is generated from repetitive stress disorder, that is an injury that builds up over time through doing the same time of action over and over again. Hairdressers are a classic example of people who can suffer from this as they are bending over for much of the day.
DAILY HEALTH UPDATE Vineland Chiropractor
Wednesday, December 28th, 2016 Courtesy of: Back Pain Relief Center
Mental Attitude: Community Groups May Keep Us Mentally Sharp. Using data from a long-term study, researchers report that men and women involved in civic groups during their 30s and 40s scored higher on cognitive tests than their peers who refrained from such community groups. Furthermore, participants who participated in more than one group exhibited even better mental faculties. BMC Psychology, December 2016
DAILY HEALTH UPDATE
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 Courtesy of: Back Pain Relief Center Vineland
Mental Attitude: Sauna Use Reduces Dementia Risk? Though the underlying mechanism remains a mystery, Finnish researchers report that men who use a sauna two or more times per week have a reduced risk for developing Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia later in life. Age and Ageing, December 2016
Have you ever had neck or back pain and considered Chiropractic but feared you’d be required to commit to a long term plan? You are not alone.
Even though there is plenty of research backing up Chiropractic, some patients just can’t afford the time or expense of long-term, corrective care.
That is why Vineland Chiropractor at Back Pain Relief Center now offer “pay per visit” Chiropractic for your neck pain or back pain.