Sciatica Pain Treatment Vineland
Sciatica is a common condition we see here in Vineland. The sciatic nerve of course controls much of the leg portion of the body and any issue with this nerve is going to cause problems in this area. The sciatic nerve is fed by five other nerves from the lumbar region of the back into the buttocks. Sciatica pain treatment in Vineland can help to identify and minimize its effects from examining and identifying the problem.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a condition that affects the legs and even down to the feet and toes. Because of that sciatic nerve, any infringement on it can have several effects on other parts of the body. While you may have knee pain, it could actually be because of the sciatic nerve.
Anyway, some of the sciatic symptoms may include:
- Leg pain
- Numbness and tingling sensations
- Throbbing sensations
- Tightness like you want to stretch but it still doesn’t feel right
How to Tell if I Have Sciatica Symptoms or Not?
Any formal diagnosis should be done by a doctor, either your primary or us, to fully understand your issues and to rule out other things. But to give you an idea if you are suffering from sciatica symptoms, try this simple exercise:
- Sit on the floor with legs straight out
- Lean forward and attempt to touch your toes
- As you stretch if the symptoms you are experience increase, chances are it’s sciatica
What Sciatic Pain Treatment is Available in Vineland?
There are several things you can do to help with sciatica. The first thing you can try is to ice the problem. This doesn’t mean icing where the actual pain is because that is just the reflection of the problem. You should ice the area where your sciatic nerve is. This will help reduce the inflammation and as this goes down, the effects will also too.
So ice the source for around 20 minutes every hour if possible. If life means that it’s not possible to ice for so often, do it before bed each night.
Any continued problems, please come in and see us and we can examine you and give you proper sciatica pain treatment here in our Vineland practice as well as suggesting further exercises and advice to help minimize its effects when you are at home. If you have any questions, give us a call or Facebook message us.
Latest posts by drraydc (see all)
- How a Change in Diet Can Help Vineland Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Sufferers - December 26, 2018
- Sciatica Pain Treatment in Vineland - December 24, 2018
- Myrtle Beach Chiropractor Gives HEALTHFitness Foam Roller Kit Review - December 11, 2018