I was recently asked this question, along with another regarding exercises to try when sitting at a desk for many hours a day. The two questions are linked so I will answer them both together as one blog post here.
The first thing to realize with back and neck pain is that the majority of the time both conditions are related to gravity and poor posture. At a desk, neck problems are prevalent and they can also cause issues in the lower back as well. Why? Because of our posture. At a desk, we are more inclined to lean with the head tilted forwards and the head pushed forward as well. The natural and proper posture should be to sit up straight with head up, which means the monitor should be at eye level. The effects of gravity in this position are minimal and everything is good.
Back pain can be very painful and there are many causes. The good news is that there are many options and treatments that you can try in order to alleviate pain. The most common reason we see patients here at Back Pain Relief Center in Vineland is due to compression. So that means joints are compressed, they’re perhaps pushing on nerves, discs may be herniated or more. The severity depends on a variety of factors including previous injuries or traumas, condition of the spine, age and deterioration and more. So what can be done? Let’s take a look at some things you can do yourself and more professional treatments.
There are over 100,000 chiropractors practicing around the world, including your local Vineland Chiropractor! Chiropractic care is a great alternative to pain meds and surgery, which explains its success. In our Vineland practice alone, we have helped so many people get out of pain and feeling better.
Many studies have also backed this information up.
Let’s take a look at a few facts and stats.
- Chiropractic comes from two Greek words: cheir (hand) and praktis (to do). Together, it means ‘done by hand.’
- Chiropractors are the third most common field of doctor, the first and second being medical and dentist.
- 27 million adjustments are performed yearly. When you do the math, this means one million adjustments per day, 125,000 adjustments per hour, and 2100 adjustments per minute.
- Many sports pros use chiropractic care. Each NFL team has their own personal chiropractor to treat the teammates.
Some stats include:
- 56 percent of patients who regularly received regular medical treatment saw a 30 percent decrease in pain over a four week treatment period. 94 percent of chiropractic patients saw the same exact 30 percent pain reduction over the same period of time.
- If patients saw a chiropractor instead of a doctor, medicare would save about 84 million dollars per year.
- The risks associated with chiropractic care are very low, where as pain killers are very dangerous with the opioid epidemic we are currently going through
Here at Back Pain Relief Center in Vineland, we strive to help our patients get out of pain as soon as we can. Chiropractic care has been proven to work, according to these studies, which is why it is so popular.